Samba and VPN

Keith G. Murphy keithmur at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 23 16:46:13 GMT 2001

Dirk Hamstra wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have printers, files shared to all windoze platforms in my group. Now I
> want to also access the samba box via a VPN. So configuration:
>
> NT----PPTP---NT/RAS-----Linux 7
>
> Any experience with this type of config? Quick test shows the samba host but
> when I try to access it the network path is not found.

Well, my setup is:

Win95----PPTP---InterJet----Debian (what is Linux 7? You mean RedHat 7?)

I can virtual network just fine from my Win95 box at home, then telnet
to my Debian Linux box, or whatever else I want to do.

But I don't have much need to do Samba stuff per se from there.  What
*exactly* are you trying to do?  Then maybe I can try it out.