Join NT Domain : password problem, or so it seems

Damien Veillon Damien.Veillon at alcatel.fr
Fri Feb 23 10:48:54 GMT 2001

Tim Potter a écrit :
> Damien Veillon writes:
>
>> James, thanks for your answer... unfortunetely your suggestions don't
>> fix my problem !
>
> I noticed you didn't have encrypted passwords turned on in your
> smb.conf.  Does setting this option make any difference?
>

> Tim.

Hi Tim,

No, it does not make any difference.
I understood that the setting "encrypt passwords" is used after a
successful join domain, when the samba daemons are restarted.
(I tried to set it to yes anyway, but I didn't help).

So, I'm still trying to fix my problem !

Thanks for your answer anyway,
Damien.