[homes] share and security=server ... possible BUG?

Tom freyason at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 15:57:38 GMT 2001

OK I think I found a bug.

My homes share is as follows:

[homes]
    valid users = %s
    browseable = no
    guest ok = no
    read only = no
    create mode = 0750

I have security=server and password server=<Our Windows BDC's>
I also have a username map set up to map UNIX id's to NT id's.

Now, if someone tries to connect to the home directory they
get prompted for password.

If I take the "valid users" lines out.. then it works fine!
However, I could ocnnect to //server/someone-elses-username
and see their home directory! Which I don't want to do.
valid users = %s won't let anyone, even the legitimate user
connect to their own home directory!

Is there a fix for this?
This is with Samba 2.07 running on Solaris 7.

Thanks,

Tom