Setting up a samba Print erver

Mark Penkower mark at roycenet.com
Thu Feb 22 20:28:04 GMT 2001

 I want to set up a Samba Print Server.  All of the samba documentation
that I have seen (Including a Thick book
on Samba that I have) pertains to setting up samba printer with a
printer already attached to the linux box!  I
have no idea how to do this.  All of my printers are on my local
network, and all have ip addresses.  Is there some
tool that linux can use to scan the network for printers.  Is there a
config file where I can specify printers by their Ip
or Mac addresses?

Mark Penkower