Nmblookup on 0.0.0.0

Alex Le Fevre alexlefevre at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 18:26:40 GMT 2001

I've been going through the DIAGNOSIS.txt files trying
to figure out why my PCs are only getting IPC$ when
attempting to connect to my Samba server. I've just
hit what I think may be paydirt.

When trying nmblookup -B ACLIENT '*', I got the
message "querying * on 0.0.0.0". The same thing
happened when I put in actual hostnames. I'm assuming
that this means my server isn't broadcasting itself to
the right network (192.168.2), thus my PCs can't see
it properly.

How would I go about making sure it has the right
network? Do you think this could be the cause of my
IPC$ problem?

Thanks,
Alex Le Fevre