Password Problems

Ed ed at esson.net
Thu Feb 22 07:45:58 GMT 2001

I just searched through the last couple of months in the archives and can't
find a solution to the following:

RH 6.0, Samba 2.07.

With  "encrypt passwords = Yes"
Win2000 can see the server but can not access it.
Win98 can see the server but can not access it as well.

With "encrypt passwords = No"
Win2000 no problems seeing and accessing shares.
Win98 can not authenticate.  Invalid password.

I verified the unix passwords and accounts on the RH machine and applied
the plain password.reg to both.

I read the docs on confiuring and everthing tests fine - just having these
password problems...

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# Date: 2001/02/21 23:20:28
# Global parameters

[global]
workgroup = ET
netbios name = YODA
server string = Samba 2.0.7 at %h
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
name resolve order = wins lmhosts host bcast
socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
os level = 65
dns proxy = No
wins support = Yes

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
writeable = Yes
browseable = No

[printers]
comment = All Printers path = /var/spool/samba
printable = Yes
browseable = No

Any ideas are greatly appreciated...

Ed
~~
Ed Kasky
Los Angeles, CA
If you're sending someone some Styrofoam, what do you pack it in?
	 -Steven Wright