WINS propagation

Cass Surek cass at master.com.br
Wed Feb 21 21:23:24 GMT 2001

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble with WINS resolution here. I have a file server which
acts as a WINS server and another machine, working as a print server.
They're both on the same internal net and there's only one WINS server
around.

What's going on is that Win98SE machines lose it's way to the print
server every once in a while and therefore, cannot print.

I'm sending along both global configurations for the server. First is
the WINS server, second is the print server.

Thank you,

Cass Surek

BTW, all machines  use the WINS server when trying to find a machine.

## Wins server - file server

[global]
	workgroup = LINUX
	netbios name = GORPO
	server string = Gorpo Servidor
	interfaces = 192.168.0.3/24
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
	max log size = 50
	dns proxy = No
	wins support = Yes
	hosts allow = 192.168.0. 127.0.0.1
	keepalive=30
#	debug level = 3
	read raw = yes
	write raw = yes
	veto files = /.AppleDouble
	printcap name = /etc/printcap
	load printers = yes
	remote announce = 192.168.0.255
	domain master = yes
	os level = 65
	preferred master = yes

## Slave - print server

[global]
       workgroup = LINUX
       netbios name = MAGGIE
       server string = Servidor_Imp
       interfaces = 192.168.0.253/24 192.168.200.50/24
       log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
       max log size = 50
       dns proxy = No
       wins server = 192.168.0.3