Windows 98 SE can't access Samba server

Jackson Damien noveau at pmail.net
Wed Feb 21 18:24:00 GMT 2001

I have a Windows 98 SE box connected to my Redhat 7.0 box running Samba 2.0.7

I click on Network Neighborhood, then on localhost

I double click on Localhost and get a window called "Enter Network Password."

The window says:

You must supply a password to make this connection:

Resource: \\LOCALHOST\IPC$
Password []

Save this password in your password list []

[Ok]
[Cancel]

No matter what I try for my password, I can't the machine to log in.
Each time I get the following error box:

"Microsoft Networking"
The password is incorrect.  Try again.

Anyone have an ideas as to what it could be?  I'm pretty sure it's a
problem on the Windows side.  The Linux machine is serving files just
fine to the rest of my windows boxes.

If you need any more info please let me know.  I would really prefer
to *not* have to reformat and reinstall this machine.  I just want to
get access to my shared Linux printer.

Thanks.