[homes] share and security=server

Tom freyason at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 21 17:23:10 GMT 2001

Hi all,

  I am having a bit of a problem. I'm rolling out Samba to about a
dozen Solaris machines and I want people to be able to get to their
home directories using their regular windows logons.

  I set up a user map that maps their windows id to UNIX id if they are
different. Normal sharepoints seem to validate and work fine.

  The [homes] share does not seem to work at all. When attempting to
connect to it, it prompts for username and password.

  Is there a way to have it work with this?

   Thanks in advance,

       Tom

Entries of note in /etc/samba/smb.conf:

security=server
encrypt passwords = yes
password server = ROSNT09, ROSNT48, ROSNT51
username map = /local/research/samba/usermap

[homes]
    browseable = no
    guest ok = no
    read only = no