Join NT Domain : password problem, or so it seems

Damien Veillon Damien.Veillon at alcatel.fr
Wed Feb 21 12:13:35 GMT 2001

A little more infos...

Here are the messages returned by smbpasswd -j with the debug level 4 :

--
host201 # smbpasswd -j DOM5 -r PDC407 -D 4
resolve_lmhosts: Attempting lmhosts lookup for name PDC407<0x20>
startlmhosts: Can't open lmhosts file /usr/local/samba/lib/lmhosts. Error was No such file or directory
resolve_hosts: Attempting host lookup for name PDC407<0x20>
Connecting to X.Y.233.6 at port 139
cli_net_req_chal: LSA Request Challenge from PDC407 to HOST201: 8CB9F5B242A76A50
cred_session_key
cred_create
cli_net_auth2: srv:\\PDC407 acct:HOST201$ sc:2 mc: HOST201 chal 7DA1DA1A70A6EF0D neg: 1ff
cred_create
cred_assert
cred_create
cli_net_srv_pwset: srv:\\PDC407 acct:HOST201$ sc: 2 mc: HOST201 clnt 1866D40E1ABADA75 3a93aeb4
cli_net_srv_pwset: NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD
modify_trust_password: unable to change password for machine HOST201 in domain DOM5 to Domain controller PDC407. Error was NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD.
2001/02/21 13:04:04 : change_trust_account_password: Failed to change password for domain DOM5.
Unable to join domain DOM5.
host201 #
--

Damien.