password expiration (PAM Account support)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Tue Feb 20 06:59:28 GMT 2001

Gerald Carter wrote:

> Alaa AlAmood wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> > I'm new  subscribe in this mail list, sorry if this subject been
> > discussed before.
> > my problem is that I used linux 7.0 and I have pptp which using
> > smbpasswd, I tried to find out to make samba to expiring
> > the password for the user, is any good advice here
> > thanks for help
>
> Password expiration has not implemented yet. (unless someone
> has a private patch).
>
> Cheers, jerry

I do!

http://samba.org/samba-patches?findid=231

Gives samba PAM support for password expiration (account manangement),
and I am in the process of porting the same functionality to 2.0.7.

Hope its usefull,

Andrew Bartlett

PS. All my testing is on RH7, but you will need to use a different
/etc/pam.d/samba (I use the one from ppp) to get the 'system-auth' and
you will need to enable utmp support (I use its connection number
tracking).

--
Andrew Bartlett
abartlet at pcug.org.au