Sharing with NT without appearing in the Network Neighborhood

Andrew Elliston elists at elliston.net
Fri Feb 16 20:53:53 GMT 2001

The subject just about says it all. I'm running MacOS X (FreeBSD base) with Samba installed and running without a problem. However, I'd like for my drive to be accessible only to people who know it is there and can connect to it directly. I don't want to appear in the Network Neighborhood (it's a Windows NT 4.0 network).

I've searched dozens of web pages, how-tos, and manuals, but haven't seen this mentioned. Is it possible? Can any of you shed any light on this?

Thanks,
Andrew