Samba with more subnet

Mester Ákos mester at xscomputer.hu
Fri Feb 16 14:52:30 GMT 2001

Hi all!!!

So I have a very big problame. I can't imagine what I do wrong. Maz be it is
not samba probame, maybe firewall. I hope someone have met with my problame.

Our network looks like this small draw

   Firewall
--------------------------
l195.16.25.58        l-------Internet
l192.168.50.254   l-------downstair(192.168.50/254)
l192.168.41.254   l-------office(192.168.41/24)
l192.168.60.254   l-------Sales(192.168.60/24)
l192.168.30.254   l-------Samba server(192.168.30.1) one machin on this
subnet
--------------------------

So smb.conf include the follow important lines

  remote announce = 192.168.60.255/xsgroup 192.168.41.255/xsgroup
192.168.50.255/xsgroup
  hosts allow = 192.168.
  preferred master = yes
  domain master = yes
  domain logons = yes
  logon script = %u.bat
  wins support = yes

I tought that it will working, if I give the remothe announce and the wins
support but it dosen't do it.

On the  packet filter firewall have a rull

ipchains -A input -s 192.168.0.0/16 -d 192.168.0.0/16 -j ACCEPT
ipchains -A output -s 192.168.0.0/16 -d 192.168.0.0/16 -j ACCEPT

I think it accept every communication on all ports in all local subnet.

It is a 2.0.6 samba
If I sniff the packet on th lan adapter of samba I see that It send
netbios-dgm packet to the other subnet.
I tought trouble was that, somehow it wasn't accept the 137,138,139 ports so
I do a little bit redundant ruls I accep this port on every eth devices in
the FW
But no effect
If I Find computer on my client, I find it.
I don't know, why don't I see the server in my browse list. And the srangest
thing, sometimes it is appear in the browse list for half an hour after
disappear.

WHILE ??????

Thenks your help
Akos