AW: [Fwd: Samba/MS Access Files]

Dirk Kastens dkastens at uos.de
Fri Feb 16 08:08:56 GMT 2001

Hi,

to give you some more hints:
I copied an Access database file (.mdb) to my
connected network drive. The unix permissions
are 744, the file is owned by myself and by
my unix group. When I try to open the file
Access creates an .ldb file with zero length
and permissions 744 and shows a message "Too
many active users". The .ldb file has the
same owner and group as the .mdb file.
I changed the "force create mode" to 0666. Now
the .ldb file is created with permissions 766
but the error message still occurs.
Then I set the option "fake oplocks = Yes" on the
share and suddenly I can open the database
and the .ldb file has a none zero length.
The samba server 2.0.7 is running on SuSE Linux
7.0 with kernel 2.2.16.

Any hints are appreciated.

Dirk Kastens............Tel.: +49 541 969-2347
Universitaet Osnabrueck, Rechenzentrum (Computer Center)
Albrechtstr. 28, 49078 Osnabrueck, Germany