Samba/MS Access Files

Dirk Kastens dkastens at uos.de
Thu Feb 15 09:47:56 GMT 2001

Hi,

I just subscribed to the list, because we ran into
the same problem. Users are not able to open a
M$ Access database. A window with the message "Too
many active users" pops up, even when a single user
opens his own database. With Samba 2.0.5a I
got around the problem by using the option

veto oplock files = /*.mdb/*.ldb/

But this doesn't work with Samba 2.0.7. Now the
only solution was to set the option

fake oplocks = Yes

This is not a good idea, but I didn't find another
solution. Maybe we have to wait for Samba 2.2.
BTW, we're using SuSE Linux 7.0 with kernel 2.2.16.

Regards,

Dirk Kastens............Tel.: +49 541 969-2347
Universitaet Osnabrueck, Rechenzentrum (Computer Center)
Albrechtstr. 28, 49078 Osnabrueck, Germany