Samba, DHCPCD (Pump) and DNS

Alex Waltrip alexwaltrip at home.com
Wed Feb 14 20:25:12 GMT 2001

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.  I've got
2 pc's named topdog (RedHat7.0) and midget (Win98 laptop) and I have a
SMC Barricade cable modem router/firewall/print server.  I would like to
implement Samba as my file server for my laptop (midget) running on my
Linux box (topdog).  Both the PC and the laptop obtain their ip's via
dhcp from the SMC Barricade.  I would like to update the DNS on the
Linux box everytime pump (dhcpcd) gets a different ip address than ones
already assigned.  Can anybody help.  I've read some articles that imply
Samba 2.0.7 can accomodate all these tasks, problem is I don't know how.

Thanks in advance.

--
Alex Waltrip
Denver, Colorado