samba 2.0.4b NT access failure

Jurilla, Bruce bruce.jurilla at csfb.com
Wed Feb 14 22:36:52 GMT 2001

Hello,

We have a situation where the NT login is member of 77 NT groups or more and
samba is rejecting the access. We tried to have the user trim down the
number of memberships until it was working but we were never able to hit
what the threshhold is for group memberships. Pls let me know the theshhold
for the number of groups and if the current Samba versions have addressed
this issue.

Thanks,

Bruce S. Jurilla

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No
If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all
sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute,
recipient. CREDIT SUISSE GROUP and each of its subsidiaries each reserve
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state
them to be the views of any such entity.
Unless otherwise stated, any pricing information given in this message is
indicative only, is subject to change and does not constitute an offer to
deal at any price quoted.
Any reference to the terms of executed transactions should be treated as
preliminary only and subject to our formal written confirmation.