Samba version 2.0.7 and Win 2000 Terminal Server

olav.viken at autronica.no olav.viken at autronica.no
Wed Feb 14 13:42:14 GMT 2001

I am experiencing a problem with Samba 2.0.7 and Windows 2000 Terminal
Server.
Due to the fact that Samba spawns one server process per client's IP
address, users on the terminal server shares the same process on the
Samba-server.  This fact is causing me problems.  I want each user to have
its own process.  I have looked around, and found that a registry setting
on
the terminal Server would fix this problem.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Rdr\Parameters]
"MultipleUsersOnConnection"=dword:00000000

I did this, but still all users shares the same process on the Samba
Server.  I have read somewhere that the above settings only would help if
the terminal
server was running NT 4.0.

If anyone could help me with this one, I would be thankful.

Best regards
Olav Viken