remote win2k shares

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Wed Feb 14 08:38:27 GMT 2001

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Marcel Kunath wrote:

> mount -t smbfs -o username=myuserID //ntweb5.ais.msu.edu/web /temp
>
>     does work.

Maybe they allow access to anyone ...

> mount -t smbfs -o username=myuserID //aisdept.ais.msu.edu/myuserID /temp
> mount -t smbfs -o username=myuserID //aisdept.ais.msu.edu/myuserID$ /temp
> mount -t smbfs -o username=myuserID //aisdept.ais.msu.edu/users/myuserID /temp
> mount -t smbfs -o username=myuserID //aisdept.ais.msu.edu/users/myuserID$ /temp
>
>     all fail to work.

I think you need to escape the $, but I could be wrong. Something like:
//aisdept.ais.msu.edu/myuserID\$ /temp

Try the workgroup option.
	mount -t smbfs -o username=myuserID,workgroup=ais_nt ...
I don't think smbmount accepts ais_nt\myuserID syntax, setting the
workgroup should be the same.

myuserID is your "MSU Net ID"?

Does it help if you (for testing purposes) give the password on the
commandline and not at the prompt?

/Urban