Quickbooks Data Corruption with Samba...Help

Tom Nielsen tom at neuro-logic.com
Wed Feb 14 00:01:46 GMT 2001

I am having a ton of trouble with data corruption of my quickbooks pro
2001 data.  I am having to rebuild the database about twice a week. I
have the database sitting on a server with RH7 and Samba 2.0.7. Clients
are on Win2000 and only 3 people access the file during the day, most of
the time they access it all at the same time. I put the file on one of
the Win machines for a week and never had a problem. My last attempt at
running the database on the Linux box lasted 6 hours before I had fatal
error in Quickbooks.

Here's my global:

# from localhost (127.0.0.1)
# Date: 2001/02/13 15:24:27

# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = NLS
	netbios name = ZEUS
	server string = Samba Server
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
	max log size = 0
	os level = 65
	preferred master = Yes
	domain master = Yes
	dns proxy = No
	wins support = Yes
	veto oplock files = /*.QBW/*.qbw/*.QBI/*.qbi/

[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	writeable = Yes
	browseable = No

[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	path = /var/spool/samba
	printable = Yes
	browseable = No

[nls]
	path = /home/nls
	writeable = Yes
	create mask = 0777
	level2 oplocks = Yes

Here's a little more from the smb.conf:

        blocking locks = Yes
	fake oplocks = No
	locking = Yes
	oplocks = Yes
	level2 oplocks = No
	oplock contention limit = 2
	strict locking = No
	share modes = Yes
        delete veto files=No

Can someone help me? I've run out of ideas and may have to switch to a NT server if I can't get this figured out. My CEO is starting to breath down my neck a bit.

Let me know what other information I need to provide.

Thanks in advance.
Tom