Fw: Hostname problem

Steve Lhomme s.lhomme at philog.com
Mon Feb 12 17:56:40 GMT 2001

Thanx,

I've tried to use a LMHOSTS file using :
nmbd -H /ets/LMHOSTS -D

and changed the name resolve order to :
 name resolve order = wins lmhosts bcast

I've also forced the Netbios name to linbox (in LMHOSTS and smb.conf) but it still says that s098 is not recognised !

So, I don't know what to do :(

As someone mentioned, it would be fine to be able to disable DNS lookup (which is useless since I use a LMHOSTS file)...

Otherwise, if anybody can tell me how to have the regular nslookup to recognise my linux box, I'd be very happy !