Samaba Server Connectivity Problem (Critical)

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Mon Feb 12 14:14:41 GMT 2001

Hello Birjesh,
With encrypt passwords = yes, your samba server is going to be
checking your password against the samba smbpasswd file, NOT the
/etc/passwd file.  This means that you will need to add the user
to your smbpasswd file with the same password you unix user uses
via the smbpasswd program.
Also, since you already have a pdc in that domain, I would recommend
against setting domain master = yes in your smb.conf file.
Hope this helps,
Don