Hostname problem

Steve Lhomme s.lhomme at philog.com
Sun Feb 11 18:39:15 GMT 2001

Thanx !

I've tried that (netbios name = s098) but it doesn't work... It still say the same :(

"Get_Hostbyname: Unknown host s098"

The problem is that when I do an nslookup s098 (and not nmblookup) it cannot find it. Probably because the real name "s098.dhcp212-119.cybercable.fr" is too complicated. And that's why I'd like to change (like forcing samba to use localhost or something else), but "netbios name = s098" doesn't work.