Get Kerberos Authentication Prior to Access AFS Through Samba

Wei-Gung Sun Wei-Gung.Sun at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Feb 9 19:49:33 GMT 2001

Hi,

   I am trying to develop Macintosh client for my Macintosh users to access AFS
environment.  I have brought up a Samba server successfully with AFS option,
and installed a test version of DAVE (downloaded from Thursby's website) on
Mac.

  Our shop uses Kerberos servers (not use local password files) for
authentication process and to obtain AFS tokens before users access the AFS
environment.  In my Samba smb.conf file, I used "security = server" and
"passward server = kerberos".  After several tests, I got the same set of error
messages indicated "error connecting to the kerberos server", "password server
not available", and "password server is not connected".

  Anyone have same or similar development ?  I would appreciate any help.

  Thanks.

Will Sun
wsun at jpl.nasa.gov
(818) 354-2311