Problems getting Samba running

Matt McManus mmcmanus at flashpt.com
Fri Feb 9 18:59:35 GMT 2001

I've installed samba successfully on Solaris Server 7 but am having trouble getting it working. It seems that something is off in my configuration because when running SWAT from a browser I can't stop or start the server daemons smbd or nmbd.  The interface says tht nmbd is not running when it really is and that smbd is running even when I explicitly kill it.  I believe this problem is stopping my other configuration entries to be ignored.  If anyone has any ideas that would be cool.

Matt McManus
Bottomline Technologies, Inc
1 Thompson Square
Charlestown, MA 02129