WIN2k SAmba file transfer speed issue > dead! 8)

Nimish Philip nimish.philip at kssb.kroschu.com
Fri Feb 9 10:54:38 GMT 2001

Hello Seth

Just a few observations on your setup.

> # Global parameters
> [global]
>         workgroup = MYDRAGONFLY
>         netbios name = GENIE
>         server string = Samba Server
>         security = user

This is the default

>         status = yes
>         log file = /var/log/log.%m
>         log level = 1
>         wins server = 192.168.0.1 (this is the samba servers internal nic
> IP) (multi homed nat box)
>         max log size = 50
>         socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
>         domain logons = Yes
>         preferred master = Yes
>         login script = scripts\%U.bat
>         dns proxy = No
>         domain admin group = @mdf (an user group for high access admins)
>         homedir map = /usr/home/~
>         hosts allow =  (my ip's).
>         encrypt passwords = yes  ( yep win2k needs them)
>         max xmit = 65535 (yes 65535 the limit)
>         strict sync = no (yep a biggie)
>         strict locking = no (another biggie)
>         hide files = no
>         read raw = yes (big time help)
>         write raw = yes (this one too)
>         oplocks = yes
>         dead time = 15 (default is zero)

All the above (last 7 line) options you've used are default,except deadtime,
according to the Using Samba book with Samba 2.0.7.

In my setup, I've assumed that these values are set automatically even though
they are no mentioned in my smb.conf.

Am I wrong here?

Regards

 Nimish Philip (I.T. Department)