WINS problems

werner maes werner.maes at cc.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Feb 8 07:28:02 GMT 2001

Hello,

Is it possible to add some static entries to the WINS database?
We would like to add a few (logon-)server entries to it, when wins
starts up.

Why?

We have several Samba servers who act as logon server on different
subnets for different domains. Each logon server also acts as a local
WINS server.
It doesn't seem possible, not even with the options 'remote announce' or
'remote browse sync' to synchronize the information from the local WINS
server
with a central WINS server. For example, the information that states that a
local Samba server acts as a logon server (Netbios Name type 1c) does not
appear in the WINS-database of the central server, only in the
WINS-database of
the local server.

Any ideas?

Werner Maes