Visible but not accessible

Ben Choong Mun Sin benchoong at singtel.com
Thu Feb 8 02:55:30 GMT 2001

Nik,

My smb.conf file is as follow:

[global]
        # Sets the workgroup to which things will be served
                workgroup = PVCS_SAMBA

	# Turns ON/OFF browse list from this server
		;browse list = yes

        # List of shares that will always appear in browse lists.
                auto services = public

        # Sets the NetBIOS name by which a Samba server is known, or primary

        # name if NetBIOS aliases exist.
                ;netbios name = tpas

        # Adds additional NetBIOS names by which a Samba server will
advertise
	# itself.
                ;netbios aliases = tpas

        # Sets the name that appears beside a server in browse lists.
        # Variables: v% (Samba version number) and h% (hostname)
                ;server string = TPAS's Samba %v on %L (%h)

        # Sets the comment that appears beside a share in a NET VIEW or the
        # details list of a Microsoft directory window.
                ;comment = "Samba version %v"

        # Sets a command to run as the user before connecting to the share.
                ;preexec = csh -c 'echo /var/opt/samba -M %m -I %I' &

        # If Yes, logs connections to a file (or shared memory) accessible
        # SMBSTATUS
                ;status = yes

        # Allows a share to be announced in browse lists.
                ;browseable = yes

        # Uses Windows NT-style password encryption.
                ;encrypt passwords = yes

        # If YES, allows access to account that have null passwords.
                ;null passwords = yes

        # Sets password-security policy.
        # If security=share, services have a shared password, available to
        # everyone.
        # If security=user, users have (Unix) accounts and passwords.
        # If security=server, users have accounts and passwords and a
        # separate machine authenticates them for Samba.
        # If security=domain, full NT-domain authentication is done.
                security = user

        # Sets the candidacy of the server when electing a browser master.
        # Used with the DOMAIN MASTER and LOCAL MASTER options.  You can set

        # a higher value than a OS is you want to win.
        # Windows 95/98 uses 1, Windows NT client uses 17, and Windows
        # NT server uses 33.
                os level = 34

        # Stands for election as the local master browser.
                local master = yes

        # If YES, Samba is preferred to become the master browser.
        # Causes Samba to call a browsing election when it comes online.
                preferred master = yes

        # Become a domain master browser list collector if possible for the
        # entire workgroup/domain.
                domain master = yes

        # Allows Windows 95/98 or NT clients to logon to a NT-like domain.

                domain logons = yes

        # Sets the DNS name or IP address of the WINS server.
                ;wins server = 129.10.1.11

        # If set to YES, and if WINS SERVER=YES, look up hostnames in DNS if

        # they are not found using WINS.
                ;dns proxy = no

;[homes]
        ;comment = "Home Directory for : %u "