Strange problem between clients and SAMBA server

Hoai TRAN HTran at freightcorp.com.au
Wed Feb 7 22:16:14 GMT 2001

I have files many SAMBA file shares on a unix bot and clients are connecting to those file shares.

1. Problem: I can use explorer to view,browse and access files in those file shares without any problems except files on the top level which I can not double click to open them.  Any lower level files are no problem.

2. When I use excel or word (Notepad, wordpad and others have no problem) and click file open to open files in the SAMBA file shares, I get an error the folder g:\ isn't accessible.  The folder may be located on an unavailable volume or protected with a password, but I can still access them using explorer.  However, in the open dialog box, if I type g:\subfolder then I have no problems in accessing files that are in the lower level of directories.

These problems happen in both excel/word 97 & excel/word 2000

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Hoai Tran

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended
only for the person to whom it is addressed. Other people may not
copy, use, disclose or distribute this information. If this message
has been sent to you in error, could you please e-mail the sender
and destroy the message. Thank you.