MS-DOS with Samba ?

The Archimage archimage at linux-magic.com
Tue Feb 6 18:35:34 GMT 2001

Do you want the Linux and SCO machines to access the DOS machine's hard
drive, or do you want the DOS machine to be able to see shared files on
the SAMB and SCO hosts?

I don't know of any good DOS software that lets the DOS machine act as a
server.  I think LANTastic does this using SMB, but I have not heard
good things about it.

If you want the DOS machine to act as a client, get these two files:

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/clients/msclient/dsk3-1.exe
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/clients/msclient/dsk3-2.exe

You will also need the real mode DOS or Windows for Workgroups driver
for your network card.

Hope this helps.

The Archimage