Samba 2.0.7, W2K/W98, and ACT2000!

Ron Urwin ronu at ev1.net
Tue Feb 6 12:18:34 GMT 2001

I have an installation using RH7 which is Samba 2.0.7.  I've created a share for an ACT2000! database.  There are 15 client stations using the ACT database on the share.  About 10 of the clients are W2K with the remaining 5 being W98.  After about 15mins of use when 6+ clients are connected to the share, the ACT database gets corrupted.  oplocks are off for the share.  We moved this same database to a W98 file share and there are no corruption issues.

Anyone with experience using ACT and Samba?

Ron