### Logon scripts ###

Andre Pang andrep at cse.unsw.edu.au
Tue Feb 6 11:20:47 GMT 2001

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 08:23:56AM +0100, Paul Tavernier wrote:

>     Hi,
>
>     I would like to run a "net use X: \\server\group1" in a logon script
> only if a client (who wants to connect on my samba server) is a member
> of the unix group "group1". More generally, I would like to
> automatically map a drive letter X: on the users primary group (Unix
> group). I've already created the Samba shares with correct rights.
>
>     The goal is to only create logon scripts per groups of users and not
> for every user (more than 500...)...(logonscriptgroup1.bat,
> logonscriptgroup2.bat, etc...)

how about something like

    logon script = scripts\%G.bat

in your /etc/smb.conf?  ("man smb.conf" and search for '%G' for more info.)

then just create a whole bunch of group1.bat, group2.bat etc. scripts, and
Bob's your uncle.

email me back if you need more help.

--
/ #ozone <andrep at cse.unsw.edu.au>; (mobile# 0411 882299)