number of smbd processes per client IP

Grotnes Per Kjetil PBE-SIT PerKjetil.Grotnes at pbe.oslo.kommune.no
Tue Feb 6 09:47:47 GMT 2001

> GPKPS> The fix is a NT (Terminal Server especially) registry setting:
> Could you please tell me where exactly? Or in what section?

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q190/1/62.asp

This fix is for the 2048 open file limitation. The effect is that instead of having one virtual circuit
for the entire WTS (one smbd on the samba server) you get one virtual circuit for each client
(which mean users in a windows terminal server environment).  And voila!  You have one
smbd for each user connecting to the samba server.

I have deleted the source directory so I cant point you to the samba doc-file for this.  Wouldnt
be much problem for you to find it... yourself... if you have the source-directory intact.

regards
Per Kjetil Grotnes
---
IT-Seksjonen, Plan- og bygningsetaten, Oslo Kommune
Tlf: 22 66 26 61, Fax: 22 66 26 65