Mounting samba shares

Christopher Robison eeyore at earthdome.com
Mon Feb 5 23:10:24 GMT 2001

Hi Chris,

I had this exact same problem, and have solved it, sorta -- though not with
mount.  I use smbmount for this.

In the man page for smbmnt (used by smbmount), it suggests that it is meant
to be installed setuid root. It wasn't on my system. I set it (anyone know
of any security problems with this?) and smbmount works.  I use a mount
point under my user directory, and have the command in my Gnome startup so
it only runs when I log in.

  --eeyore