Getting Samba to work with Win2000

Chris Hubbard chrish at ansionline.com
Mon Feb 5 20:38:39 GMT 2001

I'm currently using Samba 2.0.7 to try to establish shares that I can access
from my Win2000 Professional box.  I'm pretty sure everything is configured
right.  I tried to make my shares accessible just by browsing since I read
that Win2000 and SMB don't get along when it comes to password
authentication.  My problem is when I try to browse the shares that my samba
server has created.  I get "The account is not authorized to log in from
this station".  I've read everywhere I could and tried everything I could to
make it work, but still can't figure out why it won't let me browse my
shares.  I'll admit to being somewhat of a Linux newbie, but I learn very
fast.  Could you offer me some advise on getting this to work? Its very
important to my company.  I'll be happy to send you any configuration files
or more information that you may need.

- Chris Hubbard
Advanced Network Services
(816) 591-8889