Tru64

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Thu Feb 1 20:30:30 GMT 2001

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 03:08:08PM +0100, Henrik Lassen wrote:
> On Tru64 4.0F i get  do you know how I can avoid it?
>
> PS. What should I expect on LDAP (got an error using --with-ldap):
> /usr/include/net/if.h:182: warning: `struct rtentry' declared inside
> parameter list
> /usr/include/net/if.h:182: warning: its scope is only this definition or
> declaration,
> /usr/include/net/if.h:182: warning: which is probably not what you want.
> /usr/include/net/if.h:182: warning: `struct mbuf' declared inside parameter
> list

Do not worry, this will not harm your installation. I see the same here, not
only with samba, it is a common problem, when compiling with gcc >=2.95. I
guess these header files are a bit buggy, and gcc's fixincludes did not take
care of them.

About ldap, I can only replay comments of this list, that advise not to use it
from the released versions.

Regards, Axel.
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de