SWAT

McEldowney, Michael MMcEldowney at deltaregional.com
Thu Feb 1 18:04:07 GMT 2001

create a file in your /etc/xinetd directory called swat (touch
/etc/xinetd/swat), then open it and put in this:

# default: off
#	       to configure your Samba server. To use SWAT, \
#	       connect to port 901 with your favorite web browser.
service swat
{
	port	= 901
	socket_type	= stream
	wait 	= no
	only_from = localhost
	user	= root
	server	= /usr/sbin/swat
	log_on_failure	+= USERID
	#disable = yes
}

If you are using the 2.0.7 version of SAMBA installed from rpm, this
file should already be there.  The trick is to comment out(or remove)
the "disable=yes" line as I did above.  After you do edit it, be sure to
start/stop xinetd (I found that restarting it doesn't work very well...)

HTH,

Mike