2.0.7, OpenBSD 2.8, Win 98 clients complain with "File System Error"

auto15764 at hushmail.com auto15764 at hushmail.com
Thu Feb 1 16:26:32 GMT 2001

Hi,
this is a problem that I haven't solved yet with a recent and first time
install on OpenBSD of Samba.
I can log in fine and browse the shares using Win98 clients.Using smbclient
locally I can do all the things  listed below fine.

Basically I can create a file/directory and I can open an existing file
and append data to it. But if I try to rename, delete or even copy it on
to the local file system I get "Cannot <action> file: File System Error
(1026)". When I create a directory, I am unable to open it. I get "The folder
'\\path' does not exist".

The OS is OpenBSD 2.8 running Samba 2.0.7. It was compiled with gcc 2.95.3.
 I would feel that this isn't a config problem as I have used similar configs
else where on Linux with no problems. I have checked maillist archives and
the web to no solutions.

Thanks