Memory leak with XP Clients

Rashkae rashkae at wealthmap.ca
Mon Dec 31 06:24:05 GMT 2001

Oops, I'm sorry. When I read the message, I thought Mandrake 8.1 was your
client. My bad.

On Mon, 31 Dec 2001, Steve Helder wrote:

Hello,

I am having a serious problem with clients that are connecting to our
Mandrake 8.1 server that is using the Samba 2.2.2 RPM.  After a few days of
having the computers on they will start to take up 200M of ram as reported
by top.  I don't have this problem with any of the other clients, Win2k, ME,
98 or 95.

Is there a setting I need to change on the client side?  The only way to
release the memory is to reset machine.  Logoning off does not release the
memory.

Any insights or assistance would be greatly appreciated.