Memory leak with XP Clients

Rashkae rashkae at wealthmap.ca
Mon Dec 31 06:22:05 GMT 2001

Try looking in the Crontabs file of your client for updatedb and ad a
--prunepath /mountpoin/ where mountpoint is where your Samba Share is
mounted on the Linux client. Note: you cant just edit the crontab
file, see man crontab for details. Also see man updatedb for syntax of
this command.

Note 2: I used to have this problem with earlier versions of Samba. It was
fixed in one update or other, I'm not sure if the update was on client or
on server (since I updated both.). But stoping updatedb from indexing the
network share fixed the problem right enough.