Samba Newbie

Kevin Barry kfbarry at bellatlantic.net
Sun Dec 30 20:04:04 GMT 2001

Please ignore my previous message I remembered to go to the cd images
for RH 7.2 to load the missing Samba file which I did and set it to run
automatically with the 'ntsysv' command app. The samba 'parameter'
commands still do not work although I have verified from the system
monitor that the smbd and nmbd services are working. Also a check of the
network places in Win XP shows the Samba PC. When I run the 'smbstatus'
command I get the following error "Failed to open byte range locking
database ERROR: Failed to initialise locking database  Can't initialise
locking module - exiting"

The smbd log file does not yet contain any entries although the nmbd
does contain the following:
nmbd/nmbd_become_lmb,c:become_local_master_stage2(405)

Samba name server KEVIN is now a local master browser for workgroup
WORKGROUP on subnet 192.168.0.6

Any suggestions would be welcome on the error.

Thanks

Kevin