Samba Newbie

Dennis K Grow dkgrow at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 30 19:27:02 GMT 2001

You said you installed RedHat 7.2. So you have samba-2.2.1a-4
Do this, in an xterm if you want, I don't use gnorpm. This is actually
easier.

rpm -q samba
rpm -q samba-client
rpm -q samba-common

they should all be the 2.2.1a-4
if not, get rid of the ones that aren't

rpm -e <rpm>

These are all on the first RedHat disc.
On the second RedHat disc is samba-swat-2.2.1a-4.i386.rpm

Install it: rpm -ivh samba-swat-2.2.1a-4.i386.rpm

After you have all of these installed, get back to us.

Dennis

/usr/lib/libreadline.so.4  > First RedHat disc readline-4.2-2.i386.rpm

Kevin Barry wrote:

> Luis,
>
> Thanks for the response to my message. You're right I don't have all the
> files installed just the client and common files with the versions of
> 2.2.1a-4 but when I use the GnoRPM app to add the common file I get
> dependency errors as the latest version seems to be 2.0.10-0.7. When I
> download the latest version from the Red Hat site and use the command
> rpm -Uvh samba -file name I get the error code that 'libreadline.so.4.1'
> is required although I have searched all over I cannot find the needed
> files. Do you have any suggestions?
>
> Kevin

Dennis K. Grow
RedHat 7.2  Kernel: 2.4.13  KDE: 2.2-10  ALSA: 0.5.11
  7:10pm  up 11 min,  5 users,  load average: 0.08, 0.26, 0.24