Need help diagnosing ERRbadfile messages

Tom Murphy freyason at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 29 15:14:02 GMT 2001

Hi all,

    I posted this to the list a few weeks ago but got no response. I'm
running Amanda and smbtar and trying to back up some files on a Windows
2000 machine. I've verified that the files it's trying to back up are
NOT open and permissions are fine for it to be backed up.

    This is a sample of the messages:

? code 0 opening remote file \ebsco-1064\cueanalysisnew.zip
(\ebsco-1064\)
? Expected SMBtrans2 response, got command 0x04
? code 0 listing \ebsco-1064\dups\*
? ERRDOS - ERRbadfile opening remote file \ebsco-1064\ebsco-all
\ebsco-156.txt (\ebsco-1064\ebsco-all\)
? ERRDOS - ERRbadfile opening remote file
\ebsco-1064\ebsco-all\ebsco-157.txt (\ebsco-1064\ebsco-all\)
? ERRDOS - ERRbadfile opening remote file
\ebsco-1064\ebsco-all\ebsco-46.txt (\ebsco-1064\ebsco-all\)
? ERRDOS - ERRbadfile opening remote file
\ebsco-1064\ebsco-all\ebsco-534.txt (\ebsco-1064\ebsco-all\)

I also get hundreds of lines in the Amanda logfile (which basically
just gives smbtar's error messages) like this:

? ERRDOS - ERRbadfile listing \GRE\texts-secure\d.txtt\*

(^^^ I get hundreds of these! ^^^)

Can anyone help me with this? It's really annoying to get a 1.9
megabyte Amanda report file because of these errors.

Thanks!

Tom