Linux as a workstation client

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Thu Dec 27 08:48:03 GMT 2001

How long ago did you try it?  It crashes less than Outlook did for me (which
admittedly was not all that often), with the 1.0 release.

I believe, judging from the traffic on the mail list, that most problems
with Evolution stem from bad installations of GNOME.

I use Evolution with KDE, though, so as long as the GNOME libs are all up to
date, it doesn't matter.

Anyway, it works great now, and I am in the process of creating a new server
that will replace our Win2K server for good (yee-haw!).  The last piece will
be the release of Samba 2.2.3.

Charles