Writing to a Win98 share?

Rashkae rashkae at wealthmap.ca
Thu Dec 27 07:49:03 GMT 2001

fmask=0777 should give you full permission to all the files. However, if
you want to create new files, you will also need the same permissions on
the directories, with dmask=0777. For the sake of avoiding accidents, if
you do not intent to create shell scripts on your share, remove the
executable permissoin on the fmask,, therefore, use fmask=0666, (you need
the executable on for directories, so leave dmask at 777)

Be aware that this will give every user of your linux box full access to
that share. But this will get you started at least, you can later
experiment with fine tuning uid, gid and individual permissions.