RPM question...

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Wed Dec 26 18:21:05 GMT 2001

On Wed, 26 Dec 2001, Wade Winright wrote:

> If I have the POSIX acl support complied into my system, will installing the
> rpm detect this and install acl support with the samba 2.2.2 rpm for redhat?

No the RPMS will not find the ACL support.  You can:
download the .src.rpm from samba.org ,
install it,
edit /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/samba.spec and add "--with-acl \" to the configure
line
Then build your own RPMS locally.

Or build from source.  OR build from source as an RPM (lok in the packageing
directory).

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein