File size limitation?

Alexander Saers alex at saers.com
Mon Dec 24 14:58:02 GMT 2001

Isn't this because of the limitations of the ext2 filesystem. On x86
processors you are using a basic int to represent the blocks. Therfore you
only have 32 bit whitch is about 2 gb of data. If you try to compile it on
an alpha you have 64 bit.

Maybe they have some kind of hack on 2.4 so that you are not limited to
the size of int :)

/Alexander