XP

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Sun Dec 23 10:05:08 GMT 2001

My kid just set up a laptop with XP which talks fine to my linux samba
server.
The linux server also supplies DHCP, which the XP laptop found easily when
we released the current network settings.
The only thing we had to configure was to make his workgroups the same as
the server's.
There were plenty of permissions problems. I have security = share, guest 0k
= yes, guest account = ftp, and had to chmod 777 the directory of interest
so he could write to it, and put read only = no into the share as well.
Joel