Account not authorized to login - WHY NOT?

Julian Opificius julianop at mninter.net
Fri Dec 21 13:55:02 GMT 2001

Lance,
First thing I'd do is get rid of that dangerous "hosts equiv" and "hosts
allow" stuff.
I had lots of problems with Samba until I learned to stop trying to truss
Samba up like a turkey right from the start. Add all the extra conditional
stuff once you have it working.

Next thing is that I don't think "\\ldsslcu158\homes" is right. You have
"browseable = no" under your [homes] heading. Remember that the browseable
flag under [homes] is specific to the share "homes" itself whereas the
auto-share of your private account home directory is controlled by the
global "browseable = " flag, which defaults to "yes".

I could, of course, be totally wrong. It's been known to happen
occasionally ...

julian.

Julian A. Opificius.
802 Fawn Road, Elk River, MN 55330.