Delays opening Excel/Word files off samba shares.

Rashkae rashkae at wealthmap.ca
Fri Dec 21 13:31:05 GMT 2001

Hmm, this is more than a little out of my area of expertise (which is, in
truth, very very narrow :) ), but I do know from painful experience that
oplocks can be dangerous, even without adding Samba to the mix....

If you have to tinker with oplock break time out settings, you might be
much safer to disable oplocks entirely for your environment, otherwise,
there might be some file inconsistences or lost changes from the client
that is not releasing the oplock on a break request.